My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Sunday, January 03, 2010

happy new year!


a wee bit late!



as i've been lying in bed, rotten bronchitis, i've been reading blogs and new year resolutions.




i'm not normally a resolution kind of gal, but then it struck me. my resolution is to truly appreciate how lucky i am to have my wonderful husband tom in my life.

you know, after you've been together for a long time, it's easy to overlook all the great qualities, and focus on those tiny negative things.

honey, i love you more than i can say! you are the best husband, father and grandfather ever!


and now for a wee bit of christmas knitting.
delicious


jared flood's druid mittens - jamieson spindrift in midnight from two swans yarn

8 Comments:

Anonymous Kim said...

What a nice resolution!! Your mittens are lovely!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

Excellent resolution, and sure to keep the marriage happy, too.

Should pull out those mittens...have yarn....

7:00 AM  
Anonymous elizabeth said...

Gorgeous mitts and that's a good resolution to have!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

Awwww.......how sweet! Hope you get to feeling better soon. Nice Christmas knitting, Vanessa. You always expose me to new patterns so I'm off to check out Anne Hanson's patterns. Happy New Year!

7:41 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Ahhh, what a nice tribute to your husband. Happy New Year to you!! Hope you are feeling better real soon!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Out, out, damned bronchitis!

Your new year resolution is one I can adopt. Your knitting is, as alaways, an inspiration.

Get well soon.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

Good one. Peggys' and mine is to knit only with handspun this year. Yours has some depth...

See you at Madrona!

Rebecca

9:04 AM  
Blogger June said...

Ahh, beautiful knitting as always! I love your New Year Resolution, I think I will copy it, and make it mine as well!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home