My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Thursday, November 19, 2009

the most thankful thursday ever!

i am thankful for the best phone call ever from my surgeon- no cancer!!!!

now i don't need to worry about not seeing my gingersnap grow up!





i am thankful for my wonderful primary care doctor, dr. michelle fiorillo, she is so caring and thorough, and never makes me feel like i am lost in the crowd.

last month i went to see her, ladies if you have any of the signs of an ovarian cyst, or ovarian cancer, which are very similar, please go see your doctor!!!

on monday i went in for my laprascopic surgery, today i got the wonderful news, no cancer!!!



i am thankful for my loving husband, tom, definitely the strong silent 50s type of man.



i am thankful for my children



i am thankful to have the best daughter-in-law in the entire world, natalie has been my rock through all this, and i love her as much as my own children.


i am thankful for my beautuful daughter rebecca, she is my shining star.


i am thankful for my son bart, and so proud of him for serving his country.



i am thankful for my dog shimmo, who gives me more comfort than anyone will ever know.



i am thankful for my knitting, keeping your hands busy is very calming for the soul.
the pattern is basil from the pattern factory.
the yarn is my friend lisa souza's hardtwist merino petite in jellybeanz and vermillion, lisa made a special skein with 50 extra yarns of jellybeanz.
this is the second time i've knit this blanket with exactly the same colors, perfect!

should i be thankful that i am so wacky to do a half-kitchener for the bind-off?


i am thankful that luminen is finished in time for christmas! i hope natalie likes it, the size is perfect.



i am thankful that my friend jessica rose-kim of the fiber gallery could special order the lanaloft in cones, no ends!

happy thursday!

25 Comments:

Anonymous Janine said...

Hooray!!! There aren't enough exclamation points for this! I'm grateful that you are not facing ovarian cancer, and that I'll get to see you in February!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That's great news! We are all thankful that you are okay.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

hip hip hooray!!!! what a fabulous present just in time for Thanksgiving.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Marcia said...

I had NO idea, Vanessa, but SOOOO glad to hear things turned out well!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Chery said...

Wonderful news!

No kitty? Still have him, don't you?

I'm thankful knitting is calming, too.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Ivete said...

WOHOOO!!!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Holy crapola........I had no idea you were going thru this. How incredibly stressful for you and your family!

I am so relieved for you.....big hugs!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger weebug said...

so happy that there is NO CANCER! certainly puts everything into perspective doesn't it?

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Chris said...

How totally wonderful to get the no cancer result. How terribly scary to wait for it. I'm really glad you're ok.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

And, I am thankful for inspirational knitting friends, LIKE YOU!

(and guess what I FINALLY started corrugated ribbing on? DONEGAL! You helped me with yarn selection at least three, maybe four, years ago!)

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Sheila said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Vanessa!

12:57 PM  
Blogger knitalot3 said...

I'm thankful too! I'm so glad you are okay.

LisaK

2:36 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I am thankful that all is well with you, dear girl.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous linda said...

If you have health and a loving family you need little else. I'm so relieved for you.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

YAY! There is nothing more life affirming and wake up calling than finding out after much worry, that you are home FREE. Congratulations, and enjoy the holidays with a clear mind. I am so glad.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

OMG, Vanessa! I had no idea! You must have been going crazy and you didn't say a thing. I'm so glad you're ok. That's definitely something to be thankful for.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

Very pleased to her that good news!
A great way to start out another year.
Happy Thanksgiving!

6:44 PM  
Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

Yay for the good news!

A lot to be thankful for. A very happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Anmiryam said...

As you well know, I am most thankful that you are doing well. I wish I had been checking over here more often -- I'm behind on your posts!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Karen W. said...

Yay for you and health! May you have many, many years with the Gingersnap.

9:12 PM  
Blogger judy said...

So very happy to hear that you have great news. What a frightening time. Hope you can relax now and enjoy your holidays.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Such good news!!

Now we can all enjoy the holidays more knowing one of own is fine!!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Anni said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

12:54 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

I'm late,but what wonderful news! Merry christmas to you and your family!

3:56 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Such good news to celebrate ;-)

Merry Christmas & a very Happy healthy New Year!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home