My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, November 07, 2009

ashley

ashley, oh ashley


every time i look at this lovely ashley, vivian leigh's right there in my head.





what a thing of beauty. mine came in unfinished cherry.



thank you mr. jensen


purchased from colina del carl, wonderful customer service.
for a little info on how i put the finish on the wheel, linky linky. if you aren't on ravelry, why the hell not?



shetland roving, wood nymph colorway from mary jean martin's etsy shop.
after i weighted the roving into 2 bits, i split them for slightly shorter color repeats. and fluffed them into little clouds.


my spinning spot.



one bobbin



second bobbin



on the kate



plied on the robin wheel that i bought from my friend kim :/)
this wheel is bird's eye maple, and i believe it's the 5th robin made.


i lurve the huge bobbins.



skeined on the winder from the woodenspinner's etsy shop.



right after plying, the skein looked overspun.



but after a nice warm shampoo



rinse



conditioning and more rinsing



the skein hangs perfectly.



approx 956 yds, approx 24 wpi.


at rhinebeck, the lady from wild apple hill that we got our wee shetland fleeces from, gave me, hope and jen each a huge lump of scoured black fleece.


i needed the carding practice, so i grabbed the hand cards.


brush brush


like a cat's lick



rolling up the rolag


a huge basketful!



my spinning and knitting assistants, shimmo and rajah.
rebecca and peggy, don't fall into a deep faint because i've posted again before madrona ;/)

9 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Nice to see what you are spinning. Lovely wheels.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

Wow....your Jensen is a thing of beauty. :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Nice rolags, fabulous spinning and most excellent equipment! Your Ashley is a thing of beauty.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

What a great post! I do love the step by steps. Jensen does such nice work, and TWO wheels, golly! You are at it again, lucky grrl.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

Nice post! Really lovely wheel and wonderful photo progression of the project. I love it when bloggers take the time to do that! Thanks and see you at Madrona on Saturday!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

OMG, what a beautiful wheel! And gorgeous spinning! :drool: I'm jealous! :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

I see your spinning spot chair is empty...you don't mind if I jsut sit down for a minute or two? I feel my finger starting to twitch....

Nice to see yu spinning again...and that wheel.. is..a. thing. of. beauty.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

I just so happen to be listening to GONE WITH THE WIND on my iPod and absolutely loving it (better than the movie)!

I'm clueless when it comes to spinning wheels but that one sure is beautiful!

1:50 PM  
Blogger sangeee said...

many of them are sharing their thought here i am saying that One help is want is in building a list of bicycle-friendly attorneys to assist people in finding experienced legal assistance in their area of the state.
Wheels in Florida

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home