My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

i might have a wee problem

last night tom and i went to a fabulous beach barbeque sorry all you people who are still freezing

but all i could think of was this little package waiting for me at home-



inside, wood beams and 2 lip glosses from goodiesunlimited , talk about excellent customer service! my order was placed late friday, shipped saturday, arrived monday. thanks audrey :-)



at madrona, my friend michelle's wee robin and my wee robin were reunited.

michelle's wee robin is a lovely rich honey color. michelle told me she used woodbeams on her wheel.
lust, pure lust.


could hardly wait til this morning, it was still dark outside-


aaahhhhh-
although i don't think my wheel will ever be as dark as michelle's. hers has a lot more spalting than mine, they are both lovely, and spin beautifully!


just a smattering of all the wonderful friends i got to see at madrona this year! how lucky am i?


impossible to keep shimmo out of the pool,


shimmo, the incredible diving dog!
thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind condolences on the loss of my mom.
i hope i thanked everyone i could find, if i didn't get a hold of you, thank you :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

I don't know anything about wheels, but that wood looks gorgeous. No new sweater to wear at Madrona?

8:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

My wheel misses your wheel. I miss you too. We should all get together every six weeks! My wheel took about 2 or three applications before it darkened.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your wheel will darken as it ages. My spalted maple robin wheel is a rich deep maple now. :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

I'm so very sorry for you loss. I know I've been away from reading blogs and I can't remember if I had said that and I should have looked, but I can't imagine how hard this has been. Looks like some great group of frineds and that is so neat to see your diving dog!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

Your wheel is Very Beeutiful to say the least!
You are a lucky woman to have such incredible friends & we are all lucky to know YOU!
It was great to get to see you...as you ran by....at Madrona!
Thanks again Vanessa for oiling me up as well!!
I love a swimming dog!!
Hugs

12:54 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Lovely member of the stable! Is the woodbeams treatment making the darkening happen?

7:28 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

That wheel is glowing! Gorgeous!

Glad you had such a good time at Madrona

...and love those shimmo shots!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home