My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Monday, June 29, 2009

when there's a will

well, you know the rest.
my bicep tendon is very inflamed, so is the bursa in my left shoulder. and it has calcium deposits.
the good news is the rotator cuff looks fine.

so, i have to keep wearing a sling and ice is my new best friend.



i've been going mad from boredom. no knitting for almost 2 months.

hmmm, usually i spin left hand forward.



how hard would it be to switch to right hand forward, so my poor decrepid left hand could simply lay in my lap and hold the fiber?



so i found the fluffiest, wiriest, sproingiest fiber in the stashola, totally ready to spin.



gotland/border leicester/corriedale in green gold from spirit trail fiberworks.


and grabbed the walnut van eaton fold/n/tote.



divided the roving and spun up 3 bobbins.






stuck a fat book under the lazy kate, trying to make a 45 degree angle. maybe warren should have more pages written about him , not quite 45.





since it's not a smooth fiber, and i was using my other hand, perfect yarn was not the goal.



i love the yarn, and if i can ever knit again, i think it will be one of those felted dumpling bags that hang from your wheel. maybe with a little embroidery :-)




rajah has found a new use for the van eaton's bag.



shimmo says come on in, the water's fine!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Marcia said...

Hooray! Judith says you should spin that way, anyway...if you are right-handed! At least you can do something!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I hope your bad arm is feeling a bit better soon, but until then it's great that you can spin with the other hand..........just don't over do it. ;)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Good for you! You are very clever! I've learned the most useful skills from injury...I can spin one handed with either hand because a left shoulder injury. I knit lefthanded, righthanded, Continental, British...whatever doesn't hurt! It's great that you gave this a shot. Kim is right though, just don't overdo your new skill. :)

Love the photos. The animals and the spinning all look yummy!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Gorgeous! I'm sending all sorts of get well juju. xoxo

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Yay, you! And sending lots of healthy healing vibes your way!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I'm glad you're able to spin, and that's mighty fine looking yarn.

That Van Eaton wheel is a beauty too, as are Rajah and Shimmo. I hope your arm is way better now.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

Ouch! A knitter's worst nightmare and I am so sorry it had to be you, Vanessa. Spin away, deary! Hoping your recovery is a swift one.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Many reasons to try the Judith thing: spinning survival is one of them. Sorry to hear your arm sux. Calcific tendonitis? Sending ether healing.

7:45 AM  
Blogger June said...

Really pretty Vanessa! Hope you are getting better, now! I need to break my habits too - you are so brave! :)

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home