My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

lucky lucky lucky me!

a few weeks ago, kim of the woolen rabbit wrote about her new van eaton potpourri wheel.

i knew mr. van eaton had retired from wheel making, the last time i spoke to him it was his 87th birthday!

after seeing kim's wheel i thought i'd ask mr. van eaton if he would make me a few extra bobbins. yes, he could make a couple of bobbins, then he said he had a potpourri traditional wheel that a lady had ordered and had never picked up. he said i could buy it if i'd like.
are you kidding? happy happy dance :-)
the wheel has all different woods, apricot, apple, walnut, mesquite, cherry, bubinga and teak.



my friend terri shea wrote a wonderful story about mr. van eaton on her blog-
it's truly an honor to have his wheels.



we have 11 new calves


aren't they sweet?



i love their colors :-)



daddy bull is on the right. blossom is the black and white cow on the left.
it hasn't rained here in central florida for so long that we've had to feed the cows twice a week. normally by now all they eat is grass.


the tree in the middle is our mulberry tree. the larger one behind it is a camphor tree.
when we planted the mulberry tree about 11 years ago it was 5 or 6 feet tall ;-)
now it's twice as tall as the garage!
happy spinning!

16 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

You are lucky. But you're going to have to start leaving some wheels for the rest of us.

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Kim said...

VERY nice!!!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Marcia said...

Lucky, lucky you, indeed! What a treasure! (Does he have any more of those hanging around? No, I will not think about more wheels, I will not think.....)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh, I agree with Jessica. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a wheel like Kim's - drooling over all those woods.

Of course, it never occurred to me to e-mail him to ask, either.

Smart cookie.

Love the calves - Charlois x?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

The moomers are adorable, but not nearly as adorable as that wheel! Congratulations on the most excellent score!

3:47 PM  
Blogger knitspot anne said...

oh wow, i am completely GREEN with jealousy.
and i didn't know you have cows! all this time and i didn't know that!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Linda M. said...

The wheel and the knitting and the calves are all absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing! If I could I'd share some of the rain we've had in the Big Bend, it has come down faster and heavier than we can process it and all the rivers are flooding.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Gorgeous wheel - congrats!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Oh, lucky you! Congratulations on the great new addition to the wheel family and the moo-mer family, too.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Teyani said...

lucky lucky you!!!
She's a beauty!

10:17 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Between the colors of the calves, and the colors of the woods for that wheel!...it is a delight for the eyes (I just love those natural tones)sigh..

Congrats on the wheel, it was destiny! Always good when a wheel finds YOU ;-)

9:46 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

ps..I wanted to tell you how much I love your mulberry :-)

...and how I'm hoping you get some rain.

9:48 AM  
Blogger June said...

What a beautiful wheel, Vanessa! I wish I had your luck. . .

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Vee said...

Hi Vanessa! Can I come over and spin on that wonderful wheel? :-)

Beautiful woods, you must be thrilled.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

That wheel is wonderful. I like all the different woods. And what Jessica said..you are inhaling them all!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again



Wheels Florida

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home