My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

rhinebeck, need i say more?

the weekend started with lunch on friday at the cia. my friend hope and i were too late to get a reservation at one of the sit down restaurants, and boy am i glad we were late.



we had lunch at the apple pie bakery cafe, it is nirvana.



we shared the warm goat cheese spinach salad and the braised short-ribs.



i think we liked the short-ribs :-)



maple and chocolat pots de creme, yum! and we took home 2 huge cookies and 2 croissants.



our friend jen joined us friday afternoon, the three of us hung out at the poughkeepsie marriott with a huge group! wee, i got to give everyone a hug in person :-)

the three of us stayed at the poughkeepsie holiday inn express, very nice. hope enjoyed jen's tina II so much that she had to order one for herself.

we had dinner with a whole group of our friends even a couple all the way fron london!


saturday turned out to be a lovely day, here are jen and hope loving the leaves.
sunday morning jen and i took the spinning luxury fibers class along with my friends knitspot anne and kim of the woolen rabbit. if only we could have all sat together.



what you've been waiting for- the haul.
in the back, the cutest little shetland fleece from wild apple hill farm in hudson new york. no web, the email is wildapplehill@aol.com, i'm blaming jen and the wool fumes for this one.
the dark chocolate roving is 65%alpaca/35%lambswool, can't find the card, but it was the booth left of carolina homespun.
a tiny lambskin from freedom farms, exactly what i was looking for. i have the card if anyone would like the phone number, no web.
2 grey coopworth rovings from hatchtown farm , purchased with my longdraw quest in mind.
that adorable spinner's basket was woven by wendy g. jensen . laurie took one of wendy's classes friday, and made the loveliest basket, maybe next year....
now the score; a high speed jensen kit including 3 bobbins and 2 whorls, a jensen tension peg, a cherry mini niddy noddy by someone named schlange, schacht cotton cards, all from the wool room and all half price!!!!!!
my friend kim of the woolen rabbit gave me the silver pot of the wood cream she just whipped up. i can't wait to try it, thanks kim! mwah!
and beth of the spinning loft gave the three of us a spinning oil pen, thanks beth!

doesn't that little basket look right at home on the ashley?



aaah, the lambskin is perfection on the spinning stool.


totally fabulous time!

12 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad you had a good time. It was great to meet you in person!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

It was SO good to see you. You look like you had a fabulous time. (I ordered one of those little baskets also...new wheel, y'know.)

7:10 AM  
Anonymous kv said...

looks like you had a great time!

9:41 AM  
Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you in person! You had a great haul and looks like a wonderful time.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

And I was thinking you weren't going to update your blog until Madrona... THANK YOU! It's been too long!

3:25 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

I'm so sorry that I missed meeting you :-(

...and I cannot believe I took your picture !

..looks like a good haul! Nice lambskin ;-)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Worth the trip, eh? I'm glad you had a good time and got to hang out with fibre friends. Nice haul too!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Manise said...

I am so sorry to have missed you at Rhinebeck. Anne mentioned you were there. I have one of those wee spinning baskets from Jenny too. Got mine at MA Sheep and Wool this year. Love it.

7:09 AM  
Blogger BammerKT said...

I am so jealous of your Rhinebeck trip. It looks absolutely fabulous!

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

It was so fun to spend some time with you! Great haul!!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Looks like you had a fab-o time. I like the little basket, very cute. I see you have a new spinning stool. Did you will use the beautiful one you made?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I just did some long overdue blog reading and realized I missed you at Rhinebeck! Sorry to hear that...but I guess I was only there a few hours on Sunday,so maybe it might have been hard to arrange around your class. So glad you had a good time though--and nice to have a vicarious experience through your post!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home