My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

retail therapy

sometime when life throws you a few curveballs-


a little retail therapy can be a good thing.



wowsa, look at these gorgeous roving and sock yarn from the fiber denn.





top- merino angora color cocoa
middle merino color black opal
bottom, quasi-solido superwash sock yarn colors nebbiolo and peridot

those ravelry sale ads can be dangerous late at night...



necessity is the mother


of invention. not my invention, but a very useful one. the wee robin doesn't have a lazy kate, and the bobbin hole is too small for the van eaton kate.
a shoebox and bbq skewers do the trick.


my puppy assistant



finally got all the singles plied.
the roving was an unknown 4 oz of merino purchased at rhinebeck 2005.



yum yum soft squishy lacy goodness :-)
i really really need that judith mackenzie class for spinning fat yarn.


10 Comments:

Blogger June said...

OH wow Vanessa! Love those colors and the lace weight is very, very pretty! Doesn't it just kinda make you a bit angry that all bobbins don't fit on all lazy kates. . . sheesh!

How I love your kitty . . . he's awesome. I hope he behaves himself around the doggies!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you liking the Wee Robin? Mine is back and behaving quite well! You can use one of those plastic mesh baskets for an emergency kate (I have a photo somewhere) and can fit up to five bobbins. The Robin bobbins don't fit in my plying box, either, so I rewind onto Kromski WooLee Winder bobbins and ply from that.

7:48 PM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

Great colors. Maybe someday I'll get into spinning. For now though I'll just admire those of you who do from afar :).

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are wicked!!!! Wicked!!!

Those rovings look great. The Fiber Denn's prices are great too. I was strong, but I don't know for how long!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Yowsa Wowsa! I love those colors! Beautiful yarn - just beautiful.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great haul! The lace weight is divine. I'm trying your/Judith's tip on the insulation for the Wee Robin bobbin. It's working great.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Gosh you're a smooth even spinner! I still get thin and thick yarn without intending to. And I too have used that shoebox method, both for bobbins and for winding off drop spindles. But I like Marcia's suggestion about a plastic mesh basket too - one of those ideas that has you slapping your head and saying, 'Why didn't I think of that?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Rajah just slays me! What a character he is.

Love all the fibery goodness, and I love the looks of your Wee Robin. I hope you're thoroughly enjoying your new wheel.

4:07 PM  
Blogger weebug said...

love the colours and the pet pictures!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Oh lovely! Didn't realize you got a Wee Robin (I'm way behind, yes.)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home