My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Sunday, October 19, 2008

yet another

what was i thinking?
my ddil natalie's usta tennis team won the southeast regionals this spring, and natalie asked me to babysit for gingersnap when the team competed for the finals in las vegas.

of course! i don't get to see gingersnap nearly enough.

the night before our trip, i was frantically trying to figure out what knitting to pack besides the lighthouse gansey socks already on the needles.

you know, because watching a one year old is so relaxing, and lends so much free time for knitting.

hahhhahahahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
the only knitting i got done was on the first leg of the plane trip, before i met up with natalie and gingersnap.

holey moley, babies are exhausting. how quickly one forgets...





ah las vegas, no offense, but once was enough for me.



go pensacola!





after the final match, we drove out to red rock canyon park. wow, we LOVED the park!


this adorable little chipmunk lives outside the visitor center.





the scenery is spectacular.




we were way too pooped to hike, and drove the 13 mile loop through the park.


reminds me a lot of mesa verde.




isn't my gingersnap a sweetie?
i am so lucky, if i could pick any girl out of the whole wide world for my son, it would be natalie.





my knitting mojo was left in las vegas, the second sock just was just finished today.



size 0 plymouth bamboo dpns. as always anne's pattern was a delight to knit.
if they look big on me, they will be a christmas present for someone with slightly larger tootsies :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

oh, this is such a nice post :)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Mary in VA said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how big gingersnap is! And she is a cutie!

6:45 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

I love your Gingersnap posts - did she really grow that much since I last checked in?? Wow! Can't be much better loving your in-laws in the family. And they are both so cute :)

Socks aren't bad either ;-)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Gingersnap is adorable! Aren't we lucky with our DILs? Of course, we did a good job raising our sons!!

Love the sock!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

What a gorgeous little sweetie pie you have there! It amazes me that she's on her feet already.

Nice socks, too, and Nantucket red, well, how could you not?

3:31 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

What a great smile your Gingersnap is wearing...

And what great socks you are wearing! Love em!

8:18 AM  
Blogger June said...

Holy Cow, it's all gorgeous!! Love them socks too!

7:49 PM  
Blogger knitspot anne said...

wow, gingersnap is getting so big!
nice socks too; i love them in the red . .

12:39 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Vanessa, I can't believe how big your little gingersnap has gotten! She is so adorable!

Oh, and cute socks too.
:-)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home