My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

sometimes in life

a little begging will get you everywhere...


the second i saw this gorgeous roving on my friend lisa souza's blog, i begged her to sell me a bump.


she graciously did.
and i spun it up laceweight on the van eaton fold/n/tote.



look at the sheen from the merino/silk combination.




the most perfect squishy yarn i ever spun :-)



rebecca drove down from gainesville to pick up shimmo. i'm going to babysit for my grand-daughter while my ddil plays in the usta tennis tournament in las vegas this weekend. tom and greg are not to be trusted in the puppy department.



rajah says, what the h*ll am i doing in the dog crate?
nasty in here.




much better...

9 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

the yarn is just lovely! how did it work out yardage-wise? i can't wait to see what you make of it.

Rajah has the right idea - i want a nap, too! :D

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now, I got the phone call and checked it out as soon as I got home. GAWJUS, Miss Thang. I just don't spin that fine and so I am really really amazed at someone who can and does. That colorway blew out at OFFF, as well...hmmm, somehow it is something that I am going to repeat. Who knew? Now I have to do it in something without Silk for poor Sam.
Have a wonderful time with the baby.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Teyani said...

that's some seriously gorgeous spinning.
and of course, the next question is.... whatccha gonna make??? any dreams come to mind while you spun that heavenly color?

1:15 AM  
Blogger margene said...

That cat is a hoot, but your yarn is just heavenly! Do you know what it will be? (not that it matters)

7:22 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! You amaze me. :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Rajah cracks me up... Shimmo is almost as big as Madaket. Glad they are having fun together.

Beautiful job spinning that lovely roving.

7:35 AM  
Blogger knitspot anne said...

oooh that yarn is gorgeous, but seriously, i am very distracted by the van eaton wheel! i'm completely jealous

10:20 AM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

Gorgeous spinning!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Oooh, gorgeous colour, beautiful yarn. Rajah just slays me, what a dude!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home