My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

the suspense is over...


it's donegal from alice starmore's the celtic collection.
have loved this sweater for years, but the original yarn is discontinued. thanks to a wonderful online (and in person) friend, hi joy! i have a color card with the original yarns. there are subs for most of the colors in the rowan yorkshire tweed 4 ply and shetland 4ply (was harris tweed) lines. in real life the colors blend more than in the photo. the only color that's not spot on is the sub for rain forest. the sub is wiskers, which is a black, and rain forest is a very dark olivy green. am living with it so far...
karen at two swans yarn and nathania at commuknity provided the yarns, wonderful customer service from both.
a new fair isle project is not condusive to sleep, how many "just one more rows" til i pass out from exhaustion?

off tomorrow to virginia to take a class with norman kennedy on spinning and aran knitting. i'm a teensy bit skeered of him ;-) janine told me to wear an elaborately knit sweater and he'll love me :-)

if you've left a comment, and i haven't replied, please forgive me, it's been a hectic week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful! I have that book and the stuff is gorgeous. I've just started my first Fair Isle (fingerless gloves) and I love it, so I might take a look through the book again soon.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Your colors are gorgeous. So much nicer than those in, In the Hebrides.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I should have guessed, it's almost enough to make me do another Donegal. Instead, I will drag out Irina soon and see if I can make any progress.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home