My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Friday, October 21, 2005

the fall haul 2005

really i was a pretty good girl ;-) tom kept telling me, “you promised not to buy any more yarn!” and i said, “no, i promised not to buy any more wheels,” (keeping fingers crossed behind my back ;-)


first things bought were the teeshirt and sweatshirt, when tom and i got there at 9:15, there was no line, and from ms$w experience, i snagged them fast.



next thing snapped up were the buttons, omg, they are really gorgeous, and not heavy at all! the buttons are from moving mud.

underneath the haul is a felted batt from friends-n-fibers, no website. i bought the batt and the mohair locks to make a shoulder bag. we saw a girl on saturday who had an adorable bag, she said she had made it from a batt bought last year. the flap had mohair locks needle-felted in a single line across, very simple and stunning. of course i didn't have my camera....

the 2 bags of wool in the background are a pound each of a WASHED crimpy moorit fleece from cafe l'agneau. specifically purchased in the quest of spinning carded lofty long draw yarn ;-) again, no website.

the gold roving is 4 oz. of merino, cannot for the life of me remember the vendor's name, but i know they were building 22, upstairs section, left hand side.



the earrings in front of the gold roving are from skaska designs, handcrafted in russia, they are some blond wood, and light as a feather, they look like ivory and are lovely on dd.

the neclace and earring sets in the middle are from the gem and mineral show, rocko minerals and jewelry. the yellow turquoise set is for dd, and the turquoise and coral set for ddil. i had never seen yellow turquoise before!

and my fave, a flame maple norm hall niddy noddy, much less painful than buying a wheel ;-)





then i found a little bit more...
2 kissing fish mitten kits from morehouse merino, for my basket teacher's 2 grand-daughters christmas presents.

a pack of felting needles, and some maple sugar and tiny maple candies, from maple land farms.

fooled you all! thought i'd buy a wheel, didn'tcha?

actually, since i'd frantically gone shopping before we left for an outfit i could fit into to wear to a "fancy" restaurant, and we didn't dine in any fancy restaurants, i returned the outfit when we got back to lauderdale, so i broke about even.
how's that for blonde logic?

7 Comments:

Blogger cindy said...

Your stash is wonderful! I love those earrings. Yes we need to visit longer in Rhinebeck. Did you stay overnight?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

Excellent haul! Rhinebeck really was wonderful, wasn't it?

5:05 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Great purchases! I especially love the niddy noddy, the roving, and the buttons. Thanks for the link, I "need" buttons.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely haul! I'm so regretting not getting a Norm Hall niddy.

Very sorry to have missed you there - next time we'll have to make plans.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diggin' the gold merino. The rest is nice, too, but that's my favorite.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I caved too on the Norm niddy. I didn't realize who you were when I said, "Nice Starmore!". Cassie had asked me if I had seen you, and I said no. Oops!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the Moving Mud kids...I really like their buttons, Miss Moo. We met them at Stitches West a couple of years ago and I have some of their buttons in my personal stash. It looks like you bought all of the good stuff. I'm glad that the storm passed by the cows but sorry that the shutters in FL were not much help when the lights went out. I don't know how you guys do this...seriously. I whine about a moist day!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home