My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

pleased as punch



all done with the corrie x roving, the colors sandy sitzman dyed are lovely! have about 8 oz, haven't figured out the yardage yet. dd wants a lacy poncho, blech where did this spawn of satan come from, not moi }:-< maybe i'll make some children's mittens for a christmas present. am woefully behind in the christmas knitting.




pleased as punch about finishing fern ;-) when you last saw her, she was stuffed unceremoniously in a tote. dragged her out yesterday, forced myself to do the sewing up, gave her a bath and conditioning, and now she's drying on the carpet. the color is much prettier in person. fern is virtual yarn's 3 ply hebredian in machair, a gorgeous heathered green with touches of red and flecks of blue.
fern did not knit up as bulletproof as other starmore designs. i cardiginized her ala junieann, as i thought i'd get more use from a cardi rather than a pullover.

heh heh, there was a good reason for the finishing push, tom and i are going to rhinebeck :-) i lured him with visions of west point, an antique aerodrome and yummy restaurants. we haven't been anywhere alone together for ages and i'm really looking forward to it!




thanks for all the kind words on the yarn and cupcake!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read the bloglines version of this post (sans pictures) I thought, "Oh, now I know how I can recognize her (Fern)." But I can't see it in the picture! (Although honestly, I do know the pattern, and can look up the AS color cards and put two and two together....)

2:24 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

hopefully when it's done drying i can have my dd take a photo with me in the sweater ;-) the back is drying now.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Yes, have fun at Rhinebeck! I can tell that you are having the same kind of weather we are~ gray and rainy, right?

Fern looks beautiful.

3:35 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh gosh Vanessa have fun!

4:54 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

I'm going to Rhinebeck; really looking forward to it. I'll probably look to purchase patterns and gadgets because I definitely don't need another fleece :-)

Your yarn is so pretty, love the colors.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home