My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

how many days til christmas?

by this time last year, i was long finished with the christmas knitting. gah, what happened to 2005?

friend, avert your eyes again!




the deep aubergine glamour shot.













on the needles, a basketweave seaman's scarf. making up the pattern as i go along, if anyone is interested, i'll write it up after i'm finished. the yarn is lorna's laces worsted, very soft and yummy, the color in the photo is off, it's really a lovely subtle teal.

this will be a prezzie for the lady who carved my ivory acorns & oak leaves. she is always so nice to me and dd when we visit her shop :-)

the red splotches are fading. first time it happened, by coincidence i had a dr.'s appt. she thought it was contact dermatitis also, and didn't seem to concerned. i just think it looks weird!

5 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

The Bronte scarf in aubergine is gorgeous!

6:31 PM  
Blogger June said...

The scarves are just gorgeous, Vanessa! Love the baskets and all the lovely scraves you've been working on!

7:45 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Oh will you just STOP!!!..and I thought the last one was pretty! Oh gosh this one takes the cake! you must knit fast, too? how many hours did it take you?

GORGEOUS work!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friend is mighty lucky. That is one heck of a gorgeous piece of knitting, Ms Moo. Oh yeah and one gorgeous daughter as well...you do good work all around.

Hives.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanessa, I just visited your blog and you have been a very busy girl. The scarves are beautiful! I couldn't help but notice one is for a friend.... Oh I hope it's me. Oh pick me, please pick me. Terri

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home