My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Monday, November 28, 2005

aubergine bronte

friend, if you are reading, avert your eyes ;-)



this color, deep aubergine is really lovely, as the name implies, it's a dark eggplant, with tweedy flecks of color. pj, sorry for the confusion, this is the discontinued color, not bristle. the bronte scarf can be found in the rowan book, a yorkshire fable. although in the book photo, the scarf is all bunched around the model's neck, and you can't see the lace pattern at all.

something odd happens to my forearm when i knit for very long stretches at a time. it gets horrid red splotches on the upper forearm. at first i thought it was a contact dermatitis, but the yarn doesn't touch this part of my skin, so it must be something else. weird, huh? maybe it's my body saying, put down the needles lady.


at least i'm making a dent in the christmas knitting!

6 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

Bronte is very beautiful.. careful of that arm. Does it do that when you make baskets?

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is lovely. Really lovely.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Bronte looks great! I'm totally envious of your speed. You have time to knit and blog--whew!

About the arm: Is it a problem on the skin? You're knitting so fast, you're knitting up a sweat, and that's irritating your skin?? I'd say, listen to your body, and see a doctor.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Very pretty! I'm so glad you posted a clear pic--you're right about the model shot obscuring the lace detail. Have that arm checked out!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I've been a good girl not opening up my Christmas present early. Tomorrow is the big day when I get to finally see Bronte.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Thank you so much for the beauuuuuuuuutiful scarf. I just love the eggplant color. I can't wait to wear it.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home