My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, November 12, 2005

now you see it...


now you don't!



when you last saw donegal, i wasn't sure if the wiskers (black) rows were doing it for me. they weren't. ordered some rowan shetland tweed in the celtic mix colorway, much closer sub for the original rainforest.

now how to get rid of the pesky wiskers without frogging? i did a sort of duplicate stitch, only instead of leaving in the offending yarn, it was removed. following the path of the black yarn 1/2 stitch at a time, after the blunt needle threaded with the new color went over 1/2 of the old stich, i carefully pulled the old color out. making sure to keep the floats on the back loose.


persnickety, yes, but faster than frogging and reknitting an entire pattern. still have the first black rows to remove, when i have a few hours to totally concentrate ;-)

won't have much knitting time this weekend, my baby boy and his darling wife are visiting. would you ever guess that he was a skinny scrawny little kid?




















i promise to tell you more norman kennedy stories :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your perfectionism. The pattern reads so much better with the new colour. It's looking gorgeous.

7:00 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

You are a crazy woman! I want to be you and Laura when I grow up!
The cute couple is too cute. I bet it is nice to have them around!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever fix! And I admire your patience to fix it! Glad the Celtic Mix worked.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pictures. i think that the fix to your sweater whas a good choice!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the Norman Kennedy stories, but I know your REALLY want to tell us grandmother stories!!! They will be darling for sure whenever....

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home