My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Monday, January 08, 2007

i haven't been spinning



because i cannot put down my knitting. marina gave me the push to sub vy colors for queen anne's lace from stillwater.
i love the colors!
first i swatched with all the colors, and half a repeat. hmm, i wasn't sure.


so then i swatched a checkerboard taking out 2 of the colors. they blended more seamlessly, but seamless was blah.


so back in the 2 colors went.
this is my project for the stranded - the colorwork challenge.




i am using the set in sleeve shaping from marina, and so far the sizing is great. i tinkered with how long to make the body, so that the shoulders will meet at the end of a repeat. then i'll have to figure out where to start the top of the sleeves, so the cuff ends at the end of a pattern.
math, blech, that's my daughter's thing. she's a math wiz.
gratuitous kitty photos :-)

17 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

When I scrolled down to the 3rd picture, my jaw dropped! Woman, you are too fast and it's too gorgeous! Can you copyright your color scheme ;-)

Aww, kitty is so cute! Love the spots.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

OMG, that's beautiful! Just beautiful! I've always liked that design, and it's lovely in the new shades you chose.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Just beautiful!!!!! You have the touch my dear. I can't wait to see the finished product. Make sure to sue the heck out of anyone that tries to copy it ;)

9:14 PM  
Blogger judy said...

Love the stranded work, but please... what kind of cat is that? Beautiful!

10:31 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Oh, I love seeing your cat once more. What kind is it again? your knitting colors are gorgeous! Loved your comment 'snow'..I'm sure CO has some to share!? HA!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with your color assessments. Lovely! (Yes and fast.)

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous color work! Gorgeous. How long have you been working on this now?

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first, I was admiring your dedication to sampling but then I saw the final sample. Wow! I love it! A real motivator for sampling. The cat's pretty nifty too.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I guess we need to add color designer to your many talents. The sweater is gorgeous.

I did a double take of kitty. At first glance it looked like the pic was upside down.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater and cute kitty pictures!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this the other day and I was too stunned to leave a comment -- or was it just jealousy? It's gorgeous, can't wait to see it for real.

9:32 PM  
Blogger June said...

Man, Vanessa! I wish I could knit just half as fast as you can!!! Wow! It's gorgeous!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing colorwork, could you knit a pattern of your cat's spots? There's a Kaffe Fasset (that's probably spelled wrong) with a leopard spotted shawl that is amazing -

8:24 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

BEAUTIFUL project Vanessa! So much talent! Nice to see kitty again!

5:22 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

Your QA color choices are sterling. Woman, you are making think I have to finish my Rona fair isle UFO one of these days!

6:54 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

The VY subs are gorgeous! You need to do that more often :)

5:47 PM  
Blogger cindy said...

What kind of cat is that????

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home