My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

a lovely day to dye

twisted knitters here we come!


first dd and i wet the rovings for a few hours in water with a little dish soap.



the girls ready to dye, masks in place.



supplies laid out. jacquard dyes.


bwaaahhhaaaahaaaaaa, the mad chemist.



dd dyeing her first roving.


ready for the saran wrap.




into the microwave.


we nuked them for 15 minutes, to make sure the dye took.




dripping on the shower rod.




drying in the sun.



fabulous fun day! thanks margene, for starting the twisted knitters group!


next stop, spin spin spin.

* added for robin, full power on the microwave for 15 minutes!

17 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

a die party!!! (I mean dye) Looks like a major operation! Wonderful colors!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

You two are having waaaaaaaaaay too much fun. I wish I was there with you to join in the fun.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Pretty colours! Especially the pink.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that is going to be interesting to see spun up.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

You guys did a great job with the colors.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love days like that! You got some great color combinations that will make some beautiful yarns!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Look at all that roving you dyed! Wow. How many projects are you planning, anyway? ;-)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Lovely!! Now I have the urge to dye something.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great job. Dyeing is so much fun :)

12:35 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

I'm curious - what's the mallet for?

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE! I can't imagine how long you were saving up those bottles. Can't wait for the spun/knitted project.

6:57 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Fun! Wish I was closer and could have joined in. I didn't get any dyeing done on my own. All your colors are so beautiful!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

looks like fun! Will I be seeing any of this in person at Madrona?

8:32 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

nicely done! i'm eager to see how they'll look spun up

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! The look great!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What setting do you use for your microwave --- full power or something less??? Really pretty results!

12:49 AM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

Looks like you two had a bunch of fun! Although I am wondering exactly what the mallet was for.... :)

Can't wait to see your contributions for Twisted Knitters, I'm so bummed I missed the signups.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home