My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, December 16, 2006

the stocking were hung





by the gas fireplace with care.
in another lifetime i was addicted to needlepoint.

this not being home for christmas stuff is nice but weird. the nice is that i don't have to cook or clean, and i get to sleep in a luxurious hotel.


the weird is that i don't have to cook, and why bother to get a tree when we won't be home? really it's more the fear of crazy kitty wreaking havoc with the decorations.



i thought all the christmas knitting was done, except for sewing up rogue.


but as i was writing my christmas cards, hmm, my uncle richard would probly love a pair of lorna's laces superwash socks.



hopefully they'll be done in time for monday's mail. better get knitting.
and now, what you've all been waiting for -the parade of christmas gifties.



six scarves a laying.

trellis from interweave knits spring 2006, by evelyn clark. knitpicks shadow, in vineyard. i love this yarn! what a wonderful gift you can knit for $2.49 :-)

a second trellis (can you tell i enjoyed knitting this pattern?). this one is knit with knitpicks alpaca cloud in moss. not bad for $3.49!

elizabeth I lace scarf, by jolene treace, also knit with knitpicks shadow in vineyard. the lady i knit this for is not a frilly gal, so i thought this pattern would be better for her than trellis.



sharon miller's bronte from a yorkshire fable. knit with rowan yorkshire tweed 4 ply, sadly discontinued. mittens knit with yorkshire tweed aran, also sadly discontinued.


river, another sharon miller design, rowan magazine #38, knit with alchemy yarns haiku, color vermillion. this yarn is too scrumptous for words.


alice st*rmore's seaweed scarf, knit with sea ivory . there was a ton of leftover 3 ply sea ivory from my inishmore, so i knit matching mittens.

terri, avert your eyes!

















three pair of mittens go with the scarves.


an adorable booga bag, complete with tiny change purse (my design), knit with kureyon. and a scary snake scarf from morehouse merino. for my basket teacher's grand-daughters.


eight pair a socking. that should take care of tom, bart, natalie and dd ;-)


last but not least, today is my birthday! happy birthday to me!

33 Comments:

Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Happy Birthday! Boy, there sure are a lot of us december babies. What great knitted gifties. How do I make your Christmas list? ; )

3:44 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Wow, what a beautiful array of knitted gifts. You've been hard at work!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Happy Birthday! What an amazing pile of presents. Good for you...it all looks gorgeous. I hope your family knows all the work you've been putting in to show how much you love them!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That's quite a pile of knitted gifts. Happy Birthday!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday!

wow that's a great pile of handknitted gifts. everything is so beautiful!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Egads! You have been a busy gal. I can only hope I've got half that size of a stack at this time next year. I've joined Marcia's Xmas 2007 along in the hopes of having a fighting chance. You rock!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those gifts are beautiful. I love the lacy scarves.

7:13 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

those lace scarves are to die for... did you knit anything to keep for yourself this year?
oh and...
Happy birthday to us [ yup I was born on the 16th too ]

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Great knitting!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I almost missed this!

Happy Birthday dear!

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! My gosh, all those knitting goodies, I've been in knitter's heaven when I saw all these pics! What an amazing array of gifts - especially the shawls are so gorgeous! I'm stunned, really!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

You, my dear, are AMAZING!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Wow so many gorgeous Christmas gifts!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hzujcEye candy for me this Sunday morning. What an exquisite array of lace! So inspiring! You do a beautiful job. A lace scarf was next on my agenda. . . now I think I'll make it two lace scarves. Thanks,
Roberta

10:02 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Happy Birthday!!

What an amazing knitter you are. Okay, so how long does it take you to knit a sock. I shoulda asked you a long time ago!!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your productivity never fails to amaze me. Wow.

Happy birthday! :-) Hope it's a really good one this year.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the perfect example of why I no longer knit for Christmas/Hannukah ~ I'd spend my entire year knitting for others and I'm far too busy knitting for myself... Happy Birthday, Girlfriend, and see you soon! Madrona is just around the corner, YEA!

12:31 PM  
Blogger PurlsBeyondPrice said...

Haooy birthday to you, Vanessa! Hope it was great.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! That absolutely remarkable pile of knitting is the only thing that gives away the fact that you've lived another year....

1:48 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm still GASPING! And all I have to show for my Christmas knitting is half a pair of socks!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm stunned. Not surprised at all, just dumbfounded. How did you get all that done with all of the other projects you show us? It's all so beautiful! Many people will be having a very merry Christmas because of you!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What very lucky people they are to get such scrumptuous presents. I'm still scrambling.....

6:58 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

The most beautiful Christmas presents I've ever seen:-)
Happy birthday lady!

7:44 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Happy Birthday Vanessa!

The seaweed scarf is beautiful, and the mitts are the icing on the cake!

Awesome amount of knitting you have accomplished!....(I want to knit like you when I grow up!)

Merry Christmas!

8:04 AM  
Blogger June said...

Good lord, woman, you are a knitting machine!

Happy birthday!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday too you! what a pile of industriousness!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! What a beautiful assortment of presents. Lucky ladies who get those scarves!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as always, I'm late to the party. Happy (belated) Birthday!

And wow, is that some holiday knitting haul!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! What an amazing gift pile you have there, I love the two trellises. I also like the one from the knitpicks pattern, I'll have to get that pattern!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been very busy. So beautiful Christmas presents and so many - amazing!

12:05 PM  
Blogger toshka sol said...

Happy Birthday!
Gorgeous, gorgeous scarves. You have done a wonderful job.
I have yet to complete all my holiday gifts and am getting frantic.
My daughter was born on the 16th.
Another Saggitarius.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Ok, again WOW!
Beautiful work.
I hope the gift recievers realize the dedication and love knit into every stitch!
Happy Hollydays.
Holly

10:12 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Ohmigod I missed it! Happy belated birthday, after a pretty amazing show of knitting gifts! You are amazing.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home