My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Friday, December 30, 2005

note to self

next time you're thinking of getting a dog, make it a labradoodle. you know, the dogs that don't shed every hair on their bodies all over your knitting?

first off, the lorna's laces shepherd sport in camoulflage for son. simple 2x2 rib, perfect for a long car ride home. made the instep a little wider (didn't do the decreases as often) as son has very flat feet, so these should fit like a dream.




nothing here in lauderdale on the needles except the rowanpun skirt which is killing my hands, luckily i had left the kit for kimberly here last summer. ah, size 1 needles, lovely 2 ply yarn, i am in heaven. it's a mystery to me why some knitters think tiny needles and thin yarn are more difficult. for me, i can knit with them for hours and hours, and my hands never hurt.
have the bottom left and right backs finished, it's time to join those babies together.











thanks for all the lovely comments, hope everyone has a wonderful new year!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we just adore our little cockadoodle (AKA cockapoo, AKA spandoodle, cocker spaniel/poodle mix)--he doesn't shed a hair (although he can rapidly take on the appearance of an apricot Bob Marley if left to his own devices over a 3-month period....)

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanessa, I hope this isn't a duplicate comment--it looks like my first attempt disappeared somewhere.

I so agree on the little needles. I tried knitting a scarf on size 15 needles, and it was so uncomfortable. Of course, most of my knitting is socks on size 0s or 1s (US sizes). The size 15s felt like Logs!

Love the camo socks, I'll have to check out that LL color for a future pair for my dad.

trish
www.randomthreads.com

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the small vs big needles. Anytime I try to knit with anything larger than a size 8, it kills my hands.

8:11 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

neighbor just got a labradoodle, 8 weeks old, right before christmas. adorable dog (perfect lab head and little poodly waves in fur), HUGE legs and feet, she's going to be BIG.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Glorious Sphynx Kittens said...

Nice Post!!
Sphynx Cat for Sale

Sphynx Cat Available for Adoption

Hypoallergenic Cats Near Me for Sale

Sphynx Kittens for Sale Near Me

Sphynx Cats for Sale on Craigslist

11:52 AM  
Blogger Teacup Pomeranian Puppy said...

Nice Post!!
Teacup Pomeranian Puppies

Pomeranian Puppy for Sale Craigslist

Teacup Pomeranian Puppy for Sale

Pomeranian Puppies for Sale in Michigan Under 300$

Teacup Pomeranian Puppies for Sale Near Me

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home