My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Friday, May 30, 2008

will it last?

will our heroine have enough yarn to finish the last border repeats? nail biting time.



the sweet sheep's lace yarn is a dream to knit with :-) and the color, sigh.

tune in to our next intallment for the thrilling outcome.

in the meantime i'll show you some new sock photos-



the jigsaw sock pattern- these socks started life as the green merino sock, but the main pattern was totally lost in the colors, so i kept the adorable ruffle edge and ribbing, and knit the jigsaw sock. size 0 colonial rosewood sock needles.
thanks jenna for a lovely pattern. love it.
the yarn, i think, is pagewood farms purchased at yarn durango, but i can't find this colorway anywhere on the web. i wound the ball in the card, and the label was thrown out by accident. the color is a gorgeous saturated bittersweet orange red.



these fires are burning in lake okeechobee. the water is so low in the lake that the vegetation normally underwater in the lake is exposed and burning.



it's shocking to drive by for weeks in a row and still see the fires.



gratuitous cute cat photo.



shotsie is a little miffed that the cat is getting all the blog attention. at nearly 13 she sleeps a lot...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That appears to be the same colorway I have of Pagewood Farm. Mine is labled Fruit Freeze. What is odd is out of the several skeins of that same colorway, none were similar. Good looking socks!

1:02 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

cool socks! isn't is awful when nature is burning around you! Wow..your dog is almost 13..she/he in good shape? Looks really cute!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

what gorgeous animal pin-ups!

(and i love the shawl. i will stay tall on my pins and needles...)

8:02 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Ohhhh, nailbitiing time! I can't wait for the next installment.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it... the yarn looks close. I found an error when I was showing Whispering Pines to a friend. I have to take back about one third of the edging on one side.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Teyani said...

Oh how sad to see all the fires burning in the lake - I will keep my fingers crossed for a good hard rain!

Your lace is amazing (as usual) and those socks.. sigh.. I lurvs me that red.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Anne P said...

Fingers crossed you've got enough yarn to finish up!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Dr. Steph said...

I have that very same sweet sheep yarn. Very nice! Hope you have enough!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I've got my fingers crossed that you've got all the yarn you need to finish the shawl.

Those critters are just so danged cute!

3:58 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Oh no! A squeeker!

I'll put my money on the heroine having enough yarn to finish ;-)

beautiful socks and

amazing photos of the lake bottom burning...it's natures way of telling you...

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the socks are really very cute:)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home