My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Friday, January 06, 2006

robin, robin the hooded man








not being a poncho person, i really don't understand why i cannot resist this one. maybe it's because this pattern reminds me of something from my past.







was i the only one mesmerized by bbc's robin hood in the 1980s? i loved this show, it appealed to me on so many levels. robin was hot, and i love medieval history. in college, it was the only class i enjoyed, the rest of my college experience sucked.



but this robin hood , i loved the characters, i loved the costumes, but most of all, i think i loved the music. clannad gets into my soul.

kimberly is plugging along, have all the major bits done, just have to knit one more of the fiddly, and i do mean fiddly, inserts. will kimberly be finished? she better hope the celtic pattern and bwa yarn don't arrive quickly!

8 Comments:

Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

they should do a remake with Johnny Depp as Robin Hood.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason you can't resist it is... because its not a poncho. Its different somehow, and so beautiful that I consider it the not-a-poncho Poncho. Does that help? It's an elegant wrap, why don't we put it that way?

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh Robin Hood! My favorite woodsman since childhood. I've watched pretty much all different versions, and that show was really special to me. I still miss it.

Depp as Hood? Drool! Though I don't think he'd ever do it, or he'd really come up with an odd twist to the character. Not sure I'd like that... :)

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the Robin Hood look. Where did you find this pattern?

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

V. I LOVE that piece of knitting and when I clicked over to its home website, they say you can knit it without the neck opening. The possibilities are endless. What color are you making? Linda M

4:01 PM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Oh, wow, Johnny Depp as Robin Hood. Especially THIS Robin Hood. To see Johnny Depp as anything is pretty much fine with me. I've been searching and searching for information about this particular version of Robin Hood, though; thanks for the link!

The wrap pattern is lovely; more like a classy stole than a poncho.

5:17 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

linda, i'm making it in exactly the yarn and color in the photo, blck water abbey color autumn. cause i'm so original ;-)

i don't think this robin hood is available on dvd in north america yet, only england, bummer...

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin of Sherwood was an ITV (HTV) show, actually. A very fine version of the legend it was though.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home