My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Thursday, September 22, 2005

metamorphosis

how does this




become this?




ah, the power of blocking!

have been a very bad blogger, but a prolific knitter ;-) finished the flower basket shawl/scarf. knit it smaller than a shawl, so my dd could wear it around her neck, or waist. used knitpicks gossamer, less than 1 skein, so i think it cost less than $5, unbelievable. but don't worry lisa s, your dyeing will always be my first love.

also bought some beautiful handspun yarn from june at twosheep, she is donating all the proceeds to katrina relief. unfortunately, i usually am too late and the goodies are sold, but i scored with this lovely yarn, and look at how june wrapped it, really the extra touch!








have also finished sivia harding's faroese shawl with knitpick's gossamer in blue jeans, haven't blocked it yet.

and am working feverishly on a koigu pullover, but have run into major problems...

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyV said...

Hi Vanessa, Vee here, thanks for visiting my blog.

I am really enjoying my Tina II and like you said of yours, she is fast becoming my favorite wheel. I have to say,your shawl is gorgeous! I am inspired. I have one in the works but it's no where near the finish line. Maybe I'll move it up on my project priority list :-)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Ooh, I made the Harding Faroese shawl a few weeks ago. Looking forward to seeing yours. Your Flower Basket is beautiful--must try that yarn!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home