My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, February 24, 2007

neena and veena are kicking my ass



a week ago thursday, my friend bille sue took me to a cystic fibrosis luncheon. the entertainment was a bellydancing instructor named linda balent.
holy shit, there wasn't an ounce of fat on her body, and she's older than i am! and the costume, beautiful :-)

that was it. queenie aka billie sue and i are signing up for classes. but in my usual obsessive way, i ran to borders and bought my first neena and veena. love them!

and in true obsessive fashion, i needed another neena and veena. the fat burning part of this dvd kicked my ass. let's just say every muscle in my body is screaming this morning. hmm, you'd think i'd look like neena and veena by now, wouldn't you?

on the knitting front-
i am no longer a socks that rock virgin.


nodding violet lightweight, toe up. candlelight lace pattern on the leg to spice them up.
whah, they are a little too long for me. my loss is my ddil's gain next christmas ;-)

backstabber lightweight, also toe up, ala mata hari.


methinks the str is a tiny bit thicker than my beloved koigu, as the backstabber socks are only 56 stitches on size 0s, and fit perfectly.

18 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

That is good to hear about Neena and Veena! I just might have to give them a try since Lifetime only airs Denise Austin's Fit and Light twice a week now :-(

I once had a WW leader who encouraged us to take belly dancing. I'm sure your DH is thrilled!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Let us know how you make out with the belly dancing.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Neena ans Veena kicked my ass once too. :) That shit is hard.
I love your socks. Especially Backstabber. What a great color with a great name.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Lovely socks! Very nice, and I see you, too, have long feet. How is that possible? Is it the pictures foreshortening them?

Ah, belly dancing. Tough discipline.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Thanks for the N and V tip! As always, your socks are gorgeous!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post ~ glad you're back.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I'm taking belly dancing, too! It's a Community Education class, and I like it...hmmm, maybe I have to check out this Neena and Veena thing?

Those are some good looking socks, too, of course!

9:27 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks str is thicker than koigu!

The socks look great!

Good luck with the belly dancing!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to take up Belly Dancing :)

I will hunt for some STR in my stash though. The Mata Hari's are gorgeous and Nodding Violet is one of my favourite colourways

10:16 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

never heard of Neena and Veena. Maybe no-one over here stocks their stuff. Do they do a tv show? or is it just DVDs?
Anyway
welcome to the sorority of knitters/spinsters/quilters who also BD. You'll find it's a marvelous way to work the bits of you that the sittin' and knittin' don't get to :]
Most of us are still BIIIIGGG girls but under all that lard there's solid muscle I tells ya!

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - belly dancing. You must show us a few pictures or better a video ;)

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neena and Veena kick everyone's tail. I tried that once and if I could have moved, I would have taken myself to the hospital. Took me nearly a week to recover.

Love the socks especially the Mata Hari ones.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Belly dancing sounds like it'll be fun!

Love the socks!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I can't believe you're abandoning the tea cozy dance, but.....whatever......Neena and Veena look like they can shake it in inhuman ways. I'll bet it's fun! Love the backstabber color socks!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

There's a colorway called Backstabber?... LOVE IT!

I like how your Mata Haris are symmetrical. That's just so cool.

1:34 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

They make it look so darn easy don't they? ;)

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm still a virgin myself . .. what's it like, what's it like???

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home