My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Sunday, July 16, 2006

land ho!

back on track with the big red sweater. changed the sleeve decreases to every 7th row for 12 decreases, then switched to every 6th row for the last few. an inch and a half of 1x1 rib, ez's sewn cast off, and on to sleeve number 2. fits tom perfectly.


glamor shot, pre-blocking. tomorrow the washie washie.


details- rosemary's medium sweater form the green mountain spinnery book. rowanspun aran color 973 gable 5 1/4 skeins, sadly discontinued. lantern moon circs size 8, size 5 for the rib.

fun quick except for all the frogging knit.

what's next? who knows? i wish i had some laceweight here to start the mystery shawl, but do not. could start the koigu oriental jacket, or the wrapped in tradition, or the jo sharp kingfisher sweater....

8 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

Oh, I love that color since you posted about it first. I think I'm the last person on earth not to have reviewed that knitting book!
your grub looks yummy...nothing like homemade tortilla. Enjoy your time there :)

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That came out looking really good. I'm looking forward to the modeling shot.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater! It sounds like you've got a lot great things to choose from for your next knit.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous red sweater! I am so excited that you have a blog now, Vanessa--I didn't realize! Hooray! I know I'll enjoy getting to see your work in this more accessible format...consider yourself bookmarked :-)
cheers from Lisa, Mike, Jack, Della

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sweater. And big too!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but -- did you knit that sweater in THREE DAYS?!? I personally don't know when you had time for frogging.

I've always loved that Jo Sharp Kingfisher sweater. Love that linen stitch.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I really like the simplicity of the big red sweater. I also like the color with the flecks.

12:04 PM  
Blogger DeeAnn said...

I think the Rowanspun Aran looks fabulous in that pattern. And of course, I adore the red! Lucky hubby :)

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home