My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Friday, July 07, 2006

M

mmmmmmmm



m is for museum- the art institute of chicago. what can i say? my hometown is chicago, but i hadn't been back in 25 years. the art institute was always my favorite of all the wonderful chicago museums, this time it totally blew me away! i had forgotten what a thrill it is to stand a foot away from a monet, or a renoir, or van gogh.


when i was a little girl, my dad would take us to a different museum, or conservatory (garfield park), or zoo (brookfield), nearly every sunday. what a gift to give to a child.

m is also for millenium park, we got to see the bean! very cool.







m is also for mihel- it was my favorite uncle's 90th birthday last weekend, hence the trip to chicago.







i love my uncle richard very much and was so happy to get to see him, and all my favorite cousins. my cousins were much more like sisters when i was growing up. omg, it was like i had just seen them yesterday, not 25 years ago, i love them dearly :-)








my uncle, richard mihel is amazing, at 90, he still takes care of his gorgeous garden, is a woodworker, and paints lovely watercolor landscapes.and he is sharp as a tack!



obligatory knitting content- am i the only sock knitter in the world not in love with trekking? finished the socks, but really wasn't crazy about knitting with it, too stringy feeling. maybe it was the colors, #100 ....


give me koigu or lisa souza sock! and i'm a happy camper ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Pretty swimming pool. Where was that taken? The Chicago trip looks like lots of fun!

9:07 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Okay now I know why we bond. I grew up in Detroit ,very close knit family, cousins like sisters... I don't like trekking I find it stringy and scratchy, same with opal( I know it's blasphemy).

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your travelogue! I love the Art Institute. I always seem to go when the fountain is drained, so I appreciated your picture of water and function.

I didn't like Trekking at first, but at the end, I liked the effect a great deal (color 77 I think). But there are so many other sock yarns, one need not offer fidelity to any.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great M and I love those socks!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home