My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Saturday, February 04, 2006

why is it?

that even when you have a large enough yarn stash that one of your favorite vendors calls it your yarn inventory, you never have the right yarn when you come across a pattern that you want to knit NOW?




look at how absolutely glorious these mittens are!


in case you don't know, the name of our ranch (farm) is oak grove, because there are tons of beautiful big oak trees. hence i am enamored of all things oakish and acornish. i'll have to wait til madrona to pick up some yarn. thank you hello yarn lady for the mitten pattern :-)




donegal is still drying, it's been pouring here yesterday and today, so it's taking ages to dry.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, more pretty mittens from Hello Yarn! I have a friend who loves squirrels (no comment). I see a pair of these in her future - thanks for the link.

We never have the right yarn because... there are too many different kinds. Can't you go spin some? (ducking)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hmmmm.... That looks like a Maryland oak leaf. :) You did a nice job on the mittens. You are such a speedy knitter.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

I am lusting over these mittens, too. The pickin's for appropriate yarn where I live are slim as the "spring" stuff is starting to roll in. Sigh. I have some Baby Cashmerino, but I wonder if it's too soft?

11:15 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I feel in love with these mittens when she posted a pic of them but somehow missed she posted a pattern for them. Thanks Vanessa! I've already cast on. My cousin is a squirrel freak. She's going to love these.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home