My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Thursday, February 16, 2006

oh no, a mogul!

cruising up to the neckband, up pops a mogul.

i can either leave the live stitches for the neck and back, pick up the sides of the neck, and continue up the one inch of neckband. this creates a continuous line of cable pattern up the back. hmm, not sure if i like it.


so, rip, try binding off stitches, and picking them back up, to create a line of demarkation. duh, the picked up stitches do not line up with the cables. rip rip.


now i'm knitting a small band of the cable, it would be as long as the neck, and grafted. then sewn on.


but, does it look too "girly"? the sweater will be for either dh or ds.
all opinions will be appreciated :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

YOu are definitely in line for the gold. Go girl! I vote for #1, plain and simple. Its beautiful. Have you gotten up to stretch? eat?

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great vanessa! i'm gonna go slouch in my closet on mind.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I don't think its girly at all. It looks tailored and very nice.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it were for me, I'd go with the first neck. Not because it's girlie but because I like the lines. For a guy I like the sideways cable band idea, just keep it narrow.

I couldn't get a good look because clicking on the pictures didn't give me the big picture - and I want to see details of this one!

8:59 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Vanessa, you get those projects done in a flash and I'm sure you're probably done by now but I thought I'd put in my vote for #1 anyway...What a nice sweater, can't wait to see it finished.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home