My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Sunday, October 01, 2006

saturday sunny skies

but i didn't have any time to take a photo.
too busy cooking up a storm in the kitchen!

first up, cornbread with creamed corn and green chiles. tastes delish, but my clabber girl has lost her oomph, the cornbread didn't riz.
look at the can, best used by 2002, oops. have a new can, that one expired in 2003, guess i don't clabber often enough.



luckily tom was in town and picked up a new can of clabber girl for me.
whipped up a cornbread pudding. this stuff is so decadent it oughta be against the law. it has 2 cups of heavy whipping cream poured onto the batter before it's baked, so the innards are soft and creamy.



this is the pile of ribs left over after we all ate, guess i'll have plenty of leftovers all week!
forgot to take a photo of the asian cole slaw, it went too fast.




apple pie was the perfect finish.



golden plover is back in time out. anne of cleves wins, and i agree, i love that design. just don't know how often i'd get to wear it in florida......

p.s. leftover corn pudding with milk and maple syrup for breakfast the next morning is even better :-)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you share recipes? That all looks and sounds yummy, even if the cornbread didn't riz, and even the unphotograped Asian coleslaw....you have me hungry and drooling!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Anne of Cleves will look lovely. You'll just to come up North more often!

Now you've made me hungry! I could do with a large slice of apple pie right now.

2:47 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

good ol' southern cookin'
YUM!!!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had cornbread pudding but now I'm dying to try it! That sounds so good!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all looks really good!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh my! I'm salivating just looking at the pictures! I make my cornbread with buttermilk in my grandmothers cast-iron skillet, the southern way of course! What a meal! I'm sure your hubby was one happy man!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or pie for breakfast, eh?

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you on vacation? I miss your postings.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home