My Photo
Name:
Location: lake placid, florida

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

who could resist the siren song?

of the luscious pink fluff? not i!



thanks bethieee for sending me the fluff, i have been sorely neglecting the wheels lately...

this pink goodness was just begging to be spun up laceweight on my jensen tina II.

now it is about 272 yards of 2 ply.


on the niddy noddy.


having a warm bath.


hanging from my skein dryer, aka chandelier.


wound on the ever elegant toilet paper roll.


measured on the wpi sett gauge, 28 wpi.

after it had a bath, and was towel dried, the yarn got a good whapping on the edge of the sink. i'll have to ask bethieee* what the fibers are, it had shiny bits like angelina and is nice and fuzzy, but still very soft. the whapping helped bring out the fuzziness.

methinks this yarn will make a lovely scarf for dd. maybe kiri, or another pattern worked from the tip up.

* who could be in a bad mood with a name like bethieee?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! And here you thought you wouldn't get around to spinning it very soon...
;-) ~d

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exactly the same color as the stuff I am spinning! I love your skein dryer.

4:43 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

That is beautiful! Someday I will spin yarn that thin....now I can only dream about it!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The skein dryer furnishings look like Ash Cascade by S-Bend.... I have chairs that look very much like those, if not exactly like them!

The yarn looks beautiful!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Lovely laceweight (as always)! But, where oh where, did you get that beautiful wpi gauge?

11:04 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Wow! That is just beautiful and what a fun color!! Love your 'drying rack'!!!! Thats for the email, too!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Bethieee said...

And if you asked me what the fibers were I've have to confess that I don't actually remember!

I can, however get an answer for you at some point after I get home and ask the Peacock and look in the stash for a bit to find the likely suspects...

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning!!! Love your skein dryer!

11:56 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

My my, I've been away too long...You're spinning! Your yarn is so pretty, Perfectly Pink, now there's a colour name for you :-)

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And you really did whap it on the sink? Should I do that to my silk/merino blend??

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home